Cat Bites Sleeping Mother On Arm To Alert Family Of Burning Home
February 11, 2017
A family pet saved its owners from an early morning blaze after their mobile home caught fire in Alberta, Canada.
At about 3:30 a.m., firefighters were called to Clairmont where a mobile home’s underside was on fire.
The parents and two children were asleep at the time when the cat came into the parents’ bedroom and bit the mother on the arm to alert her to the fire. The family escaped and called the fire department.
“It’s pretty interesting to see that it was the cat that did alert them that there was an issue,” said fire Chief Trevor Grant.
Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the underside of the mobile home and extinguished it quickly.